In a traditional Indian wedding, the rituals not only unite two individuals, but establishes the bond between two families and their culture.
The marriage ceremony, a colorful and joyous event, is spread over a several days. An important and most entertaining ceremony, takes place during the arrival of the groom at the wedding venue. The procession known as the Baraat, which is made up of the groom’s family members, relatives and friends, accompany him to the venue. They are known as the Barati.
On their arrival they are welcomed and received by the bride’s family. In his travels with the barati the groom rides upon an elephant or a beautiful white horse know as the Ghodi. The Ghodi is adorned with decorations and ornaments, and carries the groom along with his best man who is usually a younger brother, cousin or nephew. As the Barati travels along with the groom there is singing, dancing and the excitement of the dholi drummer.
At KV Carriage, we take great pride in the details, and will provide you with the most well behaved, beautifully adorned white horse. Your Ghodi will wear a one-of-a-kind, hand-made costume complete with ghungroo (anklets) and morki (crown). With matching umbrella and handlers dressed in traditional garb, we aim to make your Baraat like no other.
A Ghodi wearing an equally beautiful costume drawing a decorated carriage can also be provided for the post wedding ceremony known as the Vidai. This ceremony symbolizes a new journey for the bride as she leaves her parents, her friends and family members. KV Carriage respects the emotional moments of this ceremony and allows you to take as much time as needed.
KV Carriage is proud to be part of your special day. Let us help create wonderful memories.
- We understand that there are delays on such a busy occasion and will not book another event on your day
- Price includes, costumes and decorations, umbrella, two handlers dressed accordingly, and travel and set up time.
- Please call for further information and pricing.
* Click on the Titles below to see all of the Baraat and Vidai Galleries *
Baraat and Vidai Costumes
- Gallery of Horse Costumes for both riding and carriage
Baraat and Vidai Photo Gallery
- A gallery full of wedding photos with horses and costumes by KV Carriage